25.10.09

Coming this week...

Along with other random posts, you can look forward to this week a review of last Thursday's Brigit Pegeen Kelly's reading at UW-Madison's Helen C. White Hall. (Wow, that was a mouthful.) Also, a new feature: Very Teachable Poems. After missing last week, I will have another “The GRE is Ridiculously Hard You are Not an Idiot” review. This time, it's Metaphysical Poetry.

In the meantime...

Ya’ll should check out Sarah Sloat’s blog when you get a chance to (thanks to Lisa for the tip). I have her blog linked in my blogroll. Here’s a found poem with text taken from one of her posts. It might give you an idea of how funny she can be!

Ode to Rudolf Diesel

I can overlook traffic and superfluous strip malls
but I can’t forgive the muzak
pumped like gas into parking lots and shops.

If we could ban smoking. If we
could mandate seat belts and child safety locks…

I think prohibiting consumer muzak would be a giant step
toward improving health care.

If we could invent the air bag.
If we can bomb the moon…

Of course, if forced to process Huey Lewis
and the News, I burst into gaseous flame,
I might find some good in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment